ASPI Media Masterclass
Speaker: Broad range of industry experts
Date: 18th May 2017 9:00am – 18th May 2017 4:00pm Venue: ASPI Office. L2, 40 Macquarie St, Barton ACT
The ASPI Media Masterclass is a one day intensive training program delivered by a team of leading defence and security media experts.
The Masterclass will provide an in depth understanding of how the media works and what it prioritises, equipping participants with the essential skills and strategies to engage with media. Participants will leave with expert advice and the capacity to appear confidently in media interviews.
The Masterclass is an important training opportunity for those who may appear in media or work for people who do.
- Catherine McGrath, Catherine McGrath Media. Media Training 101
- Brendan Nicholson, Editor of The Strategist and former Defence Editor at The Australian. How to write an Op-Ed
- Graeme Dobell, Journalist Fellow, ASPI. Interviews
- Jeremy Lasek, Coordinator AFP Media and Communications, Social Media, Policing and Media
- Andrew Davies, Director – Defence &Strategy Program, ASPI. How to edit
- Jacinta Carroll, Head of Counter Terrorism Policy Centre, ASPI. Doing media on sensitive and traumatic topics
- Peter Jennings, Executive Director, ASPI. Media and the APS
- Ms Gai Brodtmann MP, Shadow Assistant Minister for Cyber Security and Defence. Media and Politics
For more information please contact: Renee Jones Assistant Events and Media Manager. (02) 6270-5149